WHY A MASTERCLASS ON EXITS
Startups dedicate lots of time to product, sales and fundraising, but remarkably little to exits. Yet, they are the result of market forces, timing and often years-long preparation.
Also, very few founders account for the fact that the vast majority of exits are not IPOs but M&As (over 90%), below $100M (over 85%) and happen at series B or before (80%).
WHAT THIS MEANS
Fortune favors the prepared. Founders should be ready as early as possible for opportunities. And like fundraising, it works best if you prepare before you need it.
ABOUT THIS MASTERCLASS
This one-day workshop is composed of seven one-hour sessions dedicated to sharing experience and best practices about the acquisition and public offering processes, with ample time for interactions.
It will highlight on a high level what needs to be done during the next 12 to 18 months to maximize future chances of M&A or IPO.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Known unknowns and unknown unknowns, from practitioners.
- Overview of M&A, IPO, RTO, EC, and ICO options
- Getting on the radar of buyers
- Building relationships with buyers
- What buyers want
- Timing for M&A
- Selecting and working with a banker
- What is and how to run a dual or triple track
- Why a board matters
- Avoiding value erosion
- Equity crowdfunding
- Startup/Market fit for IPO
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Startups – particularly hardware ones
- Who have a product on market
- Want to maximize their chances of a successful exit
- And not leave money on the table!
This masterclass can also benefit:
- Non-hardware startups
- Corporate development / M&A executives
- Investment bankers
$50 in order to cover costs.
It includes breakfast, lunch, drinks and happy hour.
HOW TO JOIN
You need to apply below for the session you wish to join. We want to ensure all participants are fully relevant to maximize the value for all. Each masterclass is limited to 100 participants.
PARIS – June 12 (Tue)
Speakers & Details
NEW YORK CITY – June 22 (Fri)
Speakers & Details