WAZER is the first ever desktop waterjet cutter bringing universal cutting with digital precision to every workshop, big or small. Creating a first of its kind product was no easy feat, but since then we have proven the product and are scaling up! A brand new assembly facility has just been created and we are beginning to staff it. We are looking for an energetic, adaptable and clever team that can think on their feet to solve problems that pop up as well as work to continuously improve our systems and processes. Tired of being a tiny step in a larger process? Take ownership of your work and help bring this brand new product to its many eager customers, while having an opportunity for career growth and development.
YOUR DAILY ROLE:
- Work alongside WAZER Product Development engineers to create test fixtures, run laboratory experiments, and design solutions to improve machine workflows and performance
- Work alongside WAZER Customer Support Engineers to perform route cause analysis to problems and find short-term/long-term fixes
- Work alongside WAZER Manufacturing Engineers to create and maintain releasable part specifications through drawings, databases, and 3D CAD.
- Work with potential WAZER customers and our sales team on WAZER specific applications and custom cuts.
- how to scope out and manage engineering projects
- how to conduct product development activities based on a traceable needs, requirements, and specifications structure, NOT a solution based one.
- how to manage multi thousand part BOMs
- how to work efficiently with WAZER’s overseas manufacturing team and supply chain
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pursuit of an engineering or technical degree (near completion or just completed)
- Ability to setup and run laboratory tests (ie. labview and/or Arduino programming a must)
- Great organization and note taking
- Portfolio showing some of your physical hands-on projects
- Enthusiasm to learn and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work with your hands - familiarity with basic hand tools and power tools is a MUST
- Pride in the quality of one’s work.
- Participant in the maker community or just a general DIY’er
- Passion about WAZER’s mission of bringing affordable digital cutting solutions to makers, small business, artisans, and schools
- Ability to commute to Yonkers, NY without the need of public transportation
This is a PAID full-time or part-time internship for 3-6 months. Availability of a future full-time position to apply for is possible, but not guaranteed to be available.
LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT:
We’ve located ourselves in Yonkers, NY. You’ll be working in an environment that is simultaneously our office, ideation studio, research lab, workshop, and final product assembly center, all under one roof. This allows us to collaborate and learn each other’s area of expertise, providing better solutions to our customers. Our facility becomes a playground in the off hours. You are encouraged to design, make, and work on whatever personal projects you may have at the time. You may see brewing equipment, race car parts, plants, and art pieces around the office. Who knows what inspiration we use for the next problem we need to solve!
To apply, write us a quick explanation about why you think you would be a good fit for this role. Resume and references are always welcome.